The Parks system offers a variety of activities and amenities throughout the City for all ages and interests. Whether you seek an active or passive experience, the local parks can provide an enjoyable visit the year around. We ask that all users follow just a few simple guidelines in order to make the parks a pleasurable environment for all.
- No pets are allowed in City of Jefferson Parks.
- No motorcycle, go-cart, snowmobile or other motor driven vehicle shall be driven or parked in any park, except in designated parking areas.
- No camping in any park, except where prior approval is obtained.
- No person shall start or maintain a fire except in personal grills.
- Personal grills shall be used only in designated picnic areas.
- Unburned fuel and ashes shall be disposed of in such a manner as to prevent fire or damage.
TREE CITY USA
The City of Jefferson is proud to be designated a Tree City USA – a program sponsored by the National Arbor Day Foundation.
Our department on a four-year cycle will prune the trees that have been planted in the City right-of-way. It is our goal to encourage healthy, strong trees.
If you are interested in obtaining a street tree in the City right-of-way, please contact the office to be placed on the list. There is no cost to the property owner for this program.
Tribute Tree Program
Anyone may purchase a tree as a means of gifting or paying tribute to individuals, groups, or occasions such as births, anniversaries, retirements, graduations, weddings, memorials, or holidays. The Forestry Department will handle the purchase, delivery, and planting, as well as the purchase and installation of a plaque with your message. A tree will: clean pollutants from the air, purify ground water, stabilize soil, add value to real estate, provide refuge for wildlife, and provide barriers to wind and noise. For more information, contact our office at 674-7720.
Any tree on the right-of-way, which has been deemed hazardous, will be removed and the stump ground by the department. If a tree has been removed, and the site is favorable for a new tree, the site will be placed on the planting list.
For a link to the National Arbor Day Foundation click here.